September means fall is closing in, school has started, and we’re on the hunt for great deals! Here is a list of the Top 10 Items to buy in September.
- School Supplies – many stores discount school supplies by as much as 90%! Don’t pay full price next year…stock up now. We’ve found Composition Notebooks for $.07 and folders for $.01 at Target! This is also an ideal time to grab binders (2″ binders have been as low as $2, 1 1/2″ as low as $.99)! I was able to ‘shop’ for my kids school supplies out of my closet this year since I grabbed so much clearance last year.
- Summer Toys – Inflatable pools, pool toys, goggles, inflatable floaties, squirt guns, and so much more are marked down as low as $.99 at Target, Walgreens, CVS and more! Water balloons are also on clearance and are a favorite around here in the summer.
- Bikes – Many times, stores mark down bikes as the weather gets colder. This is the perfect time to grab Christmas gifts!
- Apples – Look for apple sales at most grocery stores this month. Stock up on Gala, Red Delicious, Honeycrisp, Granny Smith and more! These apples are perfect for homemade applesauce, and apple pie filling (great for canning).
- Snack Foods – Granola bars, cereal, peanut butter, and crackers all go on sale this month and there are usually some great coupons to accompany the sale! Stock up on lunch and snack items.
- Camping Gear – Tents, sleeping bags, hammocks, etc. are great things to buy in preparation for the next camping season!
- Kid’s Clothes – Labor Day sales combined with back-to-school clearance makes September a great time to stock up on clothes! Buy a size or two up and save them for next summer/the next school year. Old Navy and Target have great sales on school uniforms too so keep your eyes peeled!
- Produce – Peppers, broccoli, beans, onions, tomatoes all go on sale this time of year. If you’re into canning, you can keep all these items for the whole winter! These are great for chilis and soups.
- Paper Products – Napkins, plasticware, paper plates and paper cups are great to have on hand for company, parties, etc.
- Lawn Products – Grass seed, fertilizer, weed control products go on sale in September. Stock up for next Spring to keep your lawn looking its best!
Leave a Reply